Approx 20 – 30 pieces
- 400 – 500 g side of Tasmanian salmon
- 1 sheet paperbark roll (sliced)
- 1 – 2 ml food grade eucalyptus oil
- 50 ml sugar syrup
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 1 small bunch chives
- 1 sour dough French stick
- 5 g black and white sesame seeds
- In a baking tray lay a little paperbark on the base of the tray.
- Over the paperbark, place a cooling rack to rest the salmon upon.
- Add eucalyptus oil to the sugar syrup and brush over the salmon fillet.
- Cover with foil, then place over the stove and begin to heat the tray, to begin smoking the salmon.
- Leave on the stove for 30 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove and allow to cool in the tray.
- When cool brush with remaining sugar syrup, cover and store in cool room over night.
- Slice the fresh French stick, spread a little ricotta cheese, then place a small amount of the salmon, dust with sesame seeds and freshly chopped chives.