Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Approx 20 – 30 pieces
- 400 – 500 g side of Tasmanian salmon
- 1 sheet paperbark roll (sliced)
- 1 – 2 ml food grade eucalyptus oil
- 50 ml sugar syrup
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 1 small bunch chives
- 1 sour dough French stick
- 5 g black and white sesame seeds
- In a baking tray lay a little paperbark on the base of the tray.
- Over the paperbark, place a cooling rack to rest the salmon upon.
- Add eucalyptus oil to the sugar syrup and brush over the salmon fillet.
- Cover with foil, then place over the stove and begin to heat the tray, to begin smoking the salmon.
- Leave on the stove for 30 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove and allow to cool in the tray.
- When cool brush with remaining sugar syrup, cover and store in cool room over night.
- Slice the fresh French stick, spread a little ricotta cheese, then place a small amount of the salmon, dust with sesame seeds and freshly chopped chives.