Makes 6 servings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound (2½ cups) peeled cooked crawfish tails
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- additional soy sauce (optional)
- Heat oil with garlic in large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Add onion, pepper, mushrooms, snow peas and water chestnuts; stir-fry until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Blend broth with soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Stir in crawfish and broth mixture.
- Cook until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Serve with soy sauce, if desired.