Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound peeled, deveined raw Shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, finely sieved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook green peppers, celery and onions in butter until tender, but not brown.
- Add Shrimp and continue cooking several minutes until Shrimp turns pink.
- Add rice and pecans.
- Blend sour cream with Mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, tarragon, salt, celery salt and pepper. Fold into Shrimp mixture.
- Cook until heated through, but do NOT boil.
- Turn mixture into serving dish.
- Sprinkle sieved eggs over center of Shrimp mixture. Garnish with parsley.