Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 medium carrots peeled and coarsely grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup raisins soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- Combine carrots and salt in a mixing bowl tossing to distribute the salt.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over moderate heat.
- Add mustard seeds to the hot oil and remove from heat after 3 seconds.
- Pour hot oil and mustard seeds over the carrots.
- Add lemon juice and raisins and mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.