Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 6 medium size potatoes
- 4 slices bacon (or tofu, for vegetarians)
- 1 tablespoon onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 oz Guinness stout
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Boil potatoes (unpeeled) until tender.
- Peel and slice.
- Arrange potatoes in a bowl and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Cut into small pieces and mix with onion, celery and salt. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt butter and flour.
- Add mustard and sugar.
- Stir in beer and Tabasco. Stir continuously until mixture boils.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Add parsley. Toss lightly.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add bacon mixture and toss gently.