Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Guinness Cake is very popular during St. Patrick's Day. It's also quick and easy to make. Guinness Cake is best eaten after a week of it being sealed in an airtight container.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup stout Guinness
- ¾ cup cocoa, unsweetened
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 10 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Combine Guinness and butter in a large bowl.
- Hold bowl over medium heat.
- Add sugar and cocoa and blend.
- In another bowl, mix sour cream, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Add this to the Guinness mix.
- Add baking soda and flour.
- Whisk well.
- Pour mixture in a large cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.