- 5 pounds chicken - cut in quarters
- 2 whole lemons - sliced ¼" thick
- 2 whole limes - sliced ¼" thick
- 2 whole onions - sliced ¼" thick
- 1 quart vinegar
- 1 quart soy sauce
- 2 cans beer
- garlic powder, salt, pepper, ground ginger - optional
- Place a layer of chicken parts on bottom of small playmate cooler, sprinkle with liberal amounts of garlic powder, salt, pepper, and ground ginger (optional).
- Cover the layer with lemon, lime, and onion slices (squeeze a couple slices while your at it).
- Place next layer of chicken and repeat.
- Mix vinegar (or white wine, and or combination), soy sauce and beer.
- Pour the entire mixture over the layered chicken to cover.
- Let stand (marinade) for at least 24 hours in the fridge - or real cool place.
- Barbeque on Weber grill, about 45 minutes or until you think its done (for you city types, the oven will work, 375°F degrees for about an hour).
- Make sure you add some sort of smoking chips (mesquite, hickory, pecan, etc.) to the briquets as the chicken is cooking.