Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe looks so good. I think I may just try this one tonight. This recipe came from a Taste Of Home Magazine.
- oil, for deep-fat frying
- 1 dozen corn tortillas, quartered
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat 1 inch of oil to 375°F.
- Fry the tortilla wedges, a few at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- For guacamole, combine avocados, mayonnaise, onion, tomato and jalapenos in a bowl.
- Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets.
- Top each with a tbsp of guacamole.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3 – 4 inches from the heat for 2 – 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.