Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Guacamole is a spicy Mexican (or Tex-Mex) paste made from crushed avocado and various seasonings, usually onions, peppers, garlic and tomatoes. There are 105 guacamole recipes below where you can sample all varieties of this dish.
Guacamole is used as a condiment, an ingredient, and as an appetizer when served with tortilla chips. This appetizer is not considered healthy, but is fast and easy to prepare.
Guacamole is becoming more mainstream and increasingly popular as a party dip, for tailgating, BBQ, and other functions where chips and dips are common dishes.
Popular Recipes Edit
- "Award-winning" Guacamole
- Rosa Mexicano Guacamole
- Cream Cheese Guacamole Dip
- Cuban Guacamole
- Spanish Guacamole
Sample Guacamole Recipe Edit
Cook Time: 15 minutes Guacamole from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- 3 avocados
- 2 tablespoons pico de gallo
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 chopped jalapeño or 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper or 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 minced jalapeño or 2 minced serrano chiles or 2 tablespoon minced any chile pepper (adjust for spiciness)
- cilantro for garnish
- Pit the avocados.
- Score avocado without cutting through the skin.
- Scoop out one avocado with a large spoon and place in mixing bowl. Add the lime juice and stir to evenly coat the avocados.
- Stir in the pico de gallo, garlic, oil, jalapeño, salt, red pepper, and black pepper, mashing and tossing the avocado pieces until thoroughly mixed.
- Then scoop out the other avocados and gently mix and toss in the larger pieces. The guacamole is the right consistency when more large pieces than mashed parts remain. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
- Place avocado pit back into bowl. The pit keeps the guacamole fresh when at room temperature and in the kitchen!.
Add your own recipe Edit
- If you want to add your own Guacamole recipe, start by entering the recipe name in the box below.