This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Clovers Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ⅓ cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup grated gruyère cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped green pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup all purpose baking mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook spinach for 10 minutes then drain and put in pie plate.
- Sprinkle onion, cheese and pepper over spinach.
- Combine eggs, milk, baking mix, salt and pepper and beat well.
- Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture then bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.