Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 medium russet potatoes, washed and sliced into thin rounds
- 1½ cups milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded gruyère cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheese (Monterey Jack, Parmesan, or Cheddar), optional
- Combine the milk, melted margarine, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes into a lightly-greased baking dish.
- Pour the milk mixture over the top.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake another five minutes. Serve with other vegetable dishes and top with the grated cheese, if desired.