Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Love Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup white onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 hard cooked eggs
- 2 cups shredded gruyère cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices rye bread buttered and cut diagonally into 4 pieces
- Cook and stir onion in butter until tender then spread in ungreased rectangular baking dish.
- Top with egg slices then sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat remaining ingredients except bread.
- Pour soup mixture over cheese then overlap bread slices buttered side up on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.