- 500 g / 1 lb assorted parts of meat (washed)
- 1 medium smoked fish (washed)
- 225 g / 8 oz stockfish
- 225 g / 8 oz bushmeat (washed)
- 500 g / 8 oz roasted groundnuts
- 1 pt stock or water
- 100 g / 4 oz ground crayfish
- 25 g / 1 oz iru (locust bean)
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes
- 100 g / 4 oz ground pepper
- 1 onion
- 3 large pepper (tatase)
- salt to taste
- Place the washed meats in a large pot, add a drop of water or stock, season with salt and ground pepper and boil for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Add the smoked fish and stockfish, cook for another l0 minutes.
- Add the rest of the stock.
- Bring to the boil and add the ground fresh tomatoes, onions, pepper, iru and groundnut.
- Cook for 20 minutes until the soup thickens.
- Sprinkle in ground crayfish and stir.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Check seasoning and serve hot with boiled rice.