Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wagner Estate in Wichita Falls, Texas in 1990. Dated 1944.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- ¼ cup green pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cooked whole-kernel corn
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Brown the pork, garlic, onion and green peppers in a skillet for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add water and cook, stirring, until the mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Pour the meat mixture into a three-quart casserole.
- Layer the corn on top of the pork.
- Spread the mashed potatoes on top of the corn and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.