Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 generous servings.
- Takes about 15 to 20 minutes to prepare.
- 1 lb ground chuck, uncooked
- 1 (7 to 8 oz) can kernel corn
- 1 (10½ oz) can Campbell's tomato soup
- ¾ cup rice, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 strips bacon, whole or cut up
- 1¼ can (10½ oz) (soup can) water
- salt, pepper, dash of sweet basil to taste
- Place corn (not drained) in 1½ quart casserole dish.
- Add uncooked rice, half of the chopped onion.
- Over this spread ½ can of the tomato soup.
- Then crumble up the ground chuck (uncooked) and add to dish with the rest of the onion, salt, pepper and basil.
- Spread the rest of the tomato soup and pour 1¼ cans of water over all.
- Place 2 strips of bacon over that.
- Cover and bake at 350 °F for 1½ hours.