Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground Beef
- 1 14-1/2- to 16-ounce can whole tomatoes (2 cups), with juice
- 1 16-ounce can Pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1 medium Onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook Beef in 10-inch skillet with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until meat is no longer pink; stir to crumble. Pour off fat.
- Add tomatoes, beans, Onion, carrots, Italian seasoning, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper to skillet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add zucchini and flour mixed with water. Cook until zucchini is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Serve over hot rice.