Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1967.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- ⅓ pound smoked bacon
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup white onions, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 4 tablespoons liquid hickory smoke
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 cans pork and beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook ground sirloin and bacon in large skillet.
- Add green pepper and onion.
- Saute until beef is brown and vegetables are limp.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, water, vinegar, garlic, mustard, thyme, brown sugar, liquid hickory smoke, salt and pepper.
- Simmer together 5 minutes.
- Turn beans into a greased baking dish.
- Spoon meat mixture over top.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.