Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If its not grilling season, you can cook the veggies under the broiler. This sandwich is also delicious made with extra sharp Cheddar.
- ½ small zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 4 slices Atkins bread, lightly toasted
- 2 (2 ounce) slices provolone cheese or smoked provolone
- Prepare a medium grill or heat broiler.
- Toss vegetables with oil, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Grill vegetables 2–3 minutes per side until crisp-tender and lightly charred.
- Spread pesto on bread slices.
- Layer vegetables on 2 slices of bread.
- Lay Cheese over vegetables.
- Grill, covered, 1 minute more for cheese to start to melt (or broil).
- Top with remaining bread slices.