Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 fajitas
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 medium red onion, cut into rings
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 large green, yellow and red bell peppers, each cut into slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into slices
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 16 oz can refried beans, heated
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat outdoor grill.
- In a bowl, stir juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, cayenne.
- Place onion rings on plate, brush both sides with some of the lime juice mixture.
- Microwave on high 1 minute.
- Set aside.
- Place asparagus in a plastic bag, peppers in a second bag, and squash and zucchini in a third bag.
- Divide remaining lime juice mixture among the 3 bags.
- Coat all vegetables with nonstick spray and grill covered.
- Grill asparagus 10 minutes and onion 8 minutes.
- In a grill basket, cook single layer of peppers 10 minutes.
- Remove the peppers and add squashes in single layer,
- Grill for 6 minutes.
- Place all veggies on a platter.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Spread each with 2 tbs beans, then ¾ cup veggies.
- Top with 1 tbsp each cheese.
- Fold in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Serve with guacamole and salsa.