Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10 – 14 minutes
Veal, olive oil and fresh rosemary come alive in this quickly prepared entree. It coul be serve with pasta and sugar snap peas or any other vegetable of your choice.
Serve with Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 4 veal loin chops, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 (2-inch) sprigs fresh rosemary
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- salt and finely ground pepper to taste
- Brush veal chops liberally on each side with olive oil.
- Strip leaves off rosemary sprigs and press leaves into both sides of each veal chop.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on each side and refrigerate for 50 minutes.
- Prepare barbecue for medium-heat grilling or preheat broiler, if necessary.
- Grill veal about 3 inches from heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- The veal should be very pink inside.
- Take veal off grill and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.