Evoking a fresh, steamy taste with the authentic vegetables on a skewer, this great poultry dish is packed with chili sauce and lemon juice and delivers a great, red-hot flavor.
- 1 ¼ lb. turkey breast tenderloins
- ⅓ cup chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. white or brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini (½" slices)
- ½ green pepper (2" squares)
- 2 onions, cut into quarters, red, white, or yellow only
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- Cut turkey tenderloins into 1½-inch cubes.
- Mix the first four ingredients; pour over turkey cubes.
- Toss to coat; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Thread turkey and vegetables alternately on skewers. Brush lightly with oil. Broil or grill 6" from heat or coals for 10 minutes.
- Turn and brush occasionally with marinade. Serve plain or with rice on the side.