Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time:
- Serves: 4
- 8 slices thick bread
- ¼ cup butter
- 8 slices Mozzarella cheese]
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 12 cooked bacon slices
- Spread one side of each of the slices of bread with butter; turn buttered side of four slices over and top with a slice of cheese.
- Layer tomato slices evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle marjoram over tomato slices. Top with bacon and remaining cheese slices.
- Place remaining bread slices, buttered side up on top of cheese slices.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook sandwiches until golden, turning once.