This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wilson Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1992. Dated 1962. This is one of my mother's favorite salads. If you love peppers, you will love this pretty and very tasty delight. Serve it with pride.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 each large green, sweet red and yellow peppers cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound bulk mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
- 1 can pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- ⅔ cup olive or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Thread pepper onto skewers and grill 10 minutes.
- Remove from skewers and place in a large bowl.
- Add onion, mozzarella and olives then toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in jar with lid and shake well.
- Pour over pepper mixture just before serving then toss to coat.