Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms from the Public Domain Cookbook—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- ⅔ cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh or ⅛ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (5-6" diameter) portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- low-fat cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, ½ teaspoon of the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the gills of the mushroom caps and remove the stems and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ teaspoon of the olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the soy sauce mixture on both sides of the mushroom caps.
- Grill the caps, stem side down first for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the tomato and cheese mixture into each cap, cover and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with cilantro.