Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Midwest Living
- Prep: 15 minutes | Grill: 12 minutes
- Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 medium zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- ½ cup bottled Italian salad dressing
To broil Edit
- Place vegetables on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Brush with some of the salad dressing.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly browned, turning and brushing once with remaining dressing.
To grill Edit
- Brush zucchini and/or squash, onion slices, and mushrooms with some of the salad dressing.
- Grill the vegetables on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium to medium-hot coals for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning and brushing once with dressing.
- For an indoor electric grill: heat about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly browned, turning and brushing once with remaining salad dressing (you may have to grill half the vegetables at a time).
For a zestier dressing, stir ½ teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard, and ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper into Italian salad dressing before brushing on veggies.
Nutritional information Edit
- 179 Calories | 15g Total Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 159mg Sodium | 10g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 4g Protein