This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds fresh jumbo sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 ounces Boursin cheese
- 5 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Julienne the sun dried tomatoes.
- Add olive oil to a hot skillet and saute the shallots and tomatoes until shallots are translucent.
- Add heavy cream and Boursin cheese then stir in salt and pepper and reduce sauce until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss scallops with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Grill scallops until centers are no longer translucent.
- Place sauce on the bottom of each plate and top it with grilled scallops.