Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1¼ lb large scallops
- 8 pieces (1-inch each) red or yellow bell pepper
- 8 pieces (1-inch each) green bell pepper
- 8 frozen small whole onions, thawed
- 1 tsp fines herbes or Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in a large bowl along with the peppers and onions.
- Add the fines herbes or Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt, and olive oil and toss to mix.
- Thread a quarter of the scallops and vegetables onto four 14-inch skewers (leave a little space between the ingredients to ensure even cooking)
- Coat a grill rack with olive oil and grill covered over medium coals for several minutes on each side, until nicely browned and the shrimp or scallops are cooked through.
- Alternatively, cook for several minutes on each side under a preheated broiler.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (¼ of recipe):
- 182 Calories | 7g Carbs | 47 mg Cholesterol | 5.7g Fat | 0.7g Saturated Fat | 7g Carbs | 1g Fiber | 24g Protein | 475 mg Sodium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 4 Very Lean Meat | 1 Vegetable | 1 Fat