Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1¼ lb large scallops
- 8 pieces (1-inch each) red or yellow bell pepper
- 8 pieces (1-inch each) green bell pepper
- 8 frozen small whole onions, thawed
- 1 tsp fines herbes or Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in a large bowl along with the peppers and onions.
- Add the fines herbes or Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt, and olive oil and toss to mix.
- Thread a quarter of the scallops and vegetables onto four 14-inch skewers (leave a little space between the ingredients to ensure even cooking)
- Coat a grill rack with olive oil and grill covered over medium coals for several minutes on each side, until nicely browned and the shrimp or scallops are cooked through.
- Alternatively, cook for several minutes on each side under a preheated broiler.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (¼ of recipe):
- 182 Calories | 7g Carbs | 47 mg Cholesterol | 5.7g Fat | 0.7g Saturated Fat | 7g Carbs | 1g Fiber | 24g Protein | 475 mg Sodium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 4 Very Lean Meat | 1 Vegetable | 1 Fat