Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1¾ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 medium English hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, diced
- 1 x 12-ounce basket small cherry tomatoes, each quartered
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup drained capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (cilantro - parsley-like herb used as seasoning or garnish)
- nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 x 2½- to 2¾-pound salmon fillet with skin (1 whole side)
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl.
- Season marinade with salt and pepper.
- Combine ½ cup marinade, cucumber and next 4 ingredients in medium bowl; season salsa with salt and pepper.
- Let stand 30 minutes; toss occasionally.
- Spray barbecue rack with nonstick spray and prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Place salmon, skin side down, in large glass baking dish.
- Top with remaining marinade.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To grill salmon using fish basket: spray basket with nonstick spray.
- Place salmon in fish basket, folding tail under if fish is too long.
- Place basket on barbecue and grill salmon, skin side up, 5 minutes.
- Turn basket over; grill salmon until just opaque in center, about 5 minutes longer.
- Turn salmon out onto platter.
- To grill salmon without using a basket: spray rimless baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place salmon, skin side up, on sheet.
- Spray skin with nonstick spray.
- Slide salmon, skin side up, onto barbecue.
- Grill 5 minutes.
- Stand blade of large spatula at 1 long side of salmon to hold in place.
- From opposite side, slide rimless baking sheet completely under salmon.
- Hold salmon with spatula; turn sheet and salmon over, releasing salmon, skin side down, onto barbecue.
- Grill salmon until just opaque in center, about 5 minutes longer.
- Slide baking sheet under salmon; transfer fish to platter.
- Serve with salsa.