Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Cynthia Nims, Cooking Light, June 2007
- Yield 4 servings
- 4 Anaheim chiles
- cooking spray
- 2 shucked ears corn
- 1 cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 (6-oz) skinless salmon fillets
- Prepare grill.
- Place chiles on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until blackened.
- Place chiles in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Peel chiles; cut in half lengthwise.
- Discard seeds and membranes.
- Cut chiles into ¼-inch strips.
- Place corn on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut kernels from cobs.
- Combine chiles, corn, tomato, cilantro, and juice; toss gently.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Combine remaining ½ teaspoon salt, remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and cumin, stirring well.
- Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of salmon.
- Place salmon on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with relish.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 fillet and ¾ cup relish):
- 304 Calories | 33% from fat | 11.3g Fat | 2.6g Sat | 4.8g Mono | 2.9g Poly | 33.9g Protein | 80mg Cholesterol | 39mg Calcium | 6 71mg Sodium | 18.1g Carbs | 2.7g Fiber | 1.7mg Iron