- Grilled Salmon Wraps from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Grilled Salmon, see also this recipe collection for more ideas and cooking tips
- Serves: 8
For the seafood base
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, cold only
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil and thyme or (5 tablespoons Italian seasoning)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt, iodized or rock only
- 1 ¼ teaspoon pepper, black only
- 1 to 1 ½ pound salmon filets, boneless, cut into 2-inch strips
- flour tortillas
- green and/or red cabbage, thinly sliced
- green onions, sliced
- cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Prepare the grill or the oven broiler.
- In a moderate-sized bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Add salmon strips, cover with the plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30–60 minutes. While the salmon is marinating, then prepare the remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Remove salmon strips and drain well. Grill or broil salmon until done or until it flakes with fork.
- To prepare a wrap, take a tortilla and spoon a layer of salsa mayo in the center. Add a thin layer of cabbage, green onions, cilantro and the desired amount of salmon.
- Fold the tortilla up halfway to the center of the ingredients then roll either the right or left side of the wrap to the other side and serve.