Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.bhg.com
- Prep: 1 hour | Grill: 8 minutes
- Makes: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 lb fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillets, or white fish
- 8 oz medium round red or white potatoes, cubed (1 cup)
- 1½ tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- ¾ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup purchased mild green salsa
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ¾ cup thinly sliced green onions (6)
- ½ cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 12 x 6-inch or sixteen 4-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup light dairy sour cream
- lime wedges
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry. Measure thickness of fish. Set aside.
- In covered small saucepan cook potatoes in enough boiling salted water to cover about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In small bowl combine chipotle chile pepper, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Rub chile pepper mixture into fish.
- For a charcoal grill, grill fish on greased rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 4 to 6 minutes per ½-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning fish after half the grilling time (for a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above)
- Cool slightly.
- Break fish into chunks.
- In medium bowl combine salsa, lime juice, and remaining salt.
- Add potatoes, fish, green onion, and cilantro; toss gently to coat.
- Divide fish mixture among tortillas.
- Top with sour cream; fold tortillas.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
- 307 Calories | 6g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 46mg Cholesterol | 423mg Sodium | 42g Carbs | 4g Fiber | 21g Protein | 28% DV Vitamin C, 15% DV Calcium | 24% DV Iron
- Exchanges: 2½ starch, ½ other carbs, 2 very lean meat