Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Serving Size: 6
- 6 medium portobello mushroom caps
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar -- wine, or herbed vinegar is also fine
- 1 clove garlic -- minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the broiler or prepare a charcoal grill, spraying the rack with non-stick pan spray.
- Clean the mushrooms well and cut off the tough bottoms of the stems.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Brush all surfaces of the mushrooms with the mixture.
- Allow to marinate at least 20 minutes.
- Put the mushrooms on the prepared broiler pan or grill, stem sides up.
- Broil or grill about 4 inches from the heat source until the mushrooms are tender, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 mushroom):
- Calories: 46 | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 50mg | Carbohydrate: 4g | Dietary Fiber: 1g | Sugars: 1g | Protein: 2g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable | ½ mono-unsaturated fat