Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled Pork Chops with Grape and Fig Chutney from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 12
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup dried figs, chopped
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 x 3" cinnamon stick
- 1½ cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 medium sized pork chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grill.
- In a medium saucepan, combine onion, figs, vinegar, wine, sugar, paprika, ginger and cinnamon stick and heat to medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, for 8–10 minutes.
- Stir in grapes and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes then remove and discard cinnamon stick.
- Brush pork chops with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on both sides until done.
- Serve chops with grape and fig chutney.