Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
New Orleans Grilled Oysters Oysters can be cooked in their shells on your barbecue grill. The heat from the grill steams the oysters. They make a great appetizer. So easy and so delicious, a local New Orleans tradition.
Basting sauce (for each 6 oyster batch) Edit
- Preheat barbecue grill or use a toaster oven set high.
- Scrub the oyster shells under cold running water with a brush.
- Open, discard top shell and loosen oyster from bottom shell.
- Place about a table spoon of the flavored melted butter over each oyster.
- Place oysters (cup side on bottom) on hot grill about 4 inches from hot coals.
- Cover barbecue with lid, open any vents, and cook 3 to 5 minutes (depending on size) or until done to your taste.
- Using an oven mitt, remove the oysters from the grill, taking care not to spill their juices.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese and chopped green onion on top of hot oysters.
- Transfer onto a serving platter.
- Serve with left over melted butter, your favorite hot sauce, and lemon wedges.