Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Clark Estate in Flower Mound, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 yellow onion peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil as needed
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl combine red and yellow onions, salt, pepper and olive oil and toss to coat well.
- Preheat grill pan over high heat.
- Arrange onion wedges on pan and cook until browned and tender underneath about 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook until onions are very tender about 7 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In large bowl whisk eggs and cream until blended.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- In medium skillet melt butter over medium heat then add rosemary and cook 1 minute.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and fold gently to combine the rosemary and eggs.
- Arrange the grilled onions on top then transfer pan to the oven and bake 15 minutes.