Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 2 green onions crushed and slivered
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 8 boned chicken thighs, skin intact
- 1 tablespoon seven spice powder
- Blend soy sauce, sake, mirin, miso, green onions, ginger root and garlic in a rectangular baking dish.
- Coat chicken with mixture and marinate 1 hour or refrigerate overnight turning several times.
- Preheat a hibachi, portable tabletop grill or charcoal grill.
- Shake marinade off chicken and pat dry.
- Place skin down on hot grill and grill 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and grill second side 5 minutes.
- When chicken is done sprinkle with sesame seeds and spice mixture.