Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Mititei
- 2 lbs/1 kg ground Beef,
- 1/2 lb/250 g suet,
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda,
- 2-3 garlic cloves,
- some ground pepper,
- juniper berries and caraway,
- 2-3 tablespoons meat broth,
- Grind the meat together with the suet.
- Add salt, spices, chopped garlic, meat broth and baking soda and mix everything with your hands for 15 minutes, adding two tablespoons of water a little at a time.
- Keep the bowl with this mixture on ice for 5-6 hours.
- Just before grilling, take tablespoons of the mixture and with wet hands, shape the rolls (they are approx. 2-3 inches long and 1 inch thick).
- Before placing on the grill, grease them with oil and during grilling baste them with a mixture of meat broth and oil.