Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings.
- 1 eggplant, sliced into strips
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise (use low or no fat to reduce fat further)
- 1 loaf focaccia bread (1 lb)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush eggplant and red bell peppers with 1 tablespoon olive oil; use more if necessary, depending on sizes of vegetables.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven.
- Roast eggplant until tender, about 25 minutes; roast peppers until blackened.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute mushrooms until tender.
- Stir crushed garlic into mayonnaise.
- Slice focaccia in half lengthwise.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on one or both halves.
- Peel cooled peppers, core and slice.
- Arrange eggplant, peppers and mushrooms on focaccia.
- Wrap sandwich in plastic wrap; place a cutting board on top of it and weight it down with some canned foods.
- Allow sandwich to sit for 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Nutritional information Edit
356 calories | 15g fat | 9g protein | 48g carbohydrates | 5mg cholesterol | 500mg sodium | 6g fiber.