Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings.
- 1 eggplant, sliced into strips
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise (use low or no fat to reduce fat further)
- 1 loaf focaccia bread (1 lb)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush eggplant and red bell peppers with 1 tablespoon olive oil; use more if necessary, depending on sizes of vegetables.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven.
- Roast eggplant until tender, about 25 minutes; roast peppers until blackened.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute mushrooms until tender.
- Stir crushed garlic into mayonnaise.
- Slice focaccia in half lengthwise.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on one or both halves.
- Peel cooled peppers, core and slice.
- Arrange eggplant, peppers and mushrooms on focaccia.
- Wrap sandwich in plastic wrap; place a cutting board on top of it and weight it down with some canned foods.
- Allow sandwich to sit for 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Nutritional information Edit
356 calories | 15g fat | 9g protein | 48g carbohydrates | 5mg cholesterol | 500mg sodium | 6g fiber.