- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 inches gingerroot, sliced thin
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Combine Sugar, water, and ginger in a small pot and cook until the Sugar is dissolved.
- Remove and let cool; when the syrup is completely cooled, remove and discard the ginger.
- Brush the mango slices with melted butter and grill until slightly charred (2-3 minutes), turning once.
- Place the mangos in a bowl, add the syrup, cover and let cool.
- When ready to serve, break the mango into bite-sized chunks; garnish with mint sprigs if desired.