Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Catfish recipe.
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
Hoisin-ginger sauce Edit
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced yellow onion
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground chili paste
- Place catfish in a shallow pan and sprinkle with oil and lemon grass or lemon zest.
- Set aside.
- To make the sauce, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add hoisin sauce, water, vinegar and chile paste, if using.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until a creamy consistency.
- If sauce is too thick, add more water.
- Set aside.
- Prepare a grill or preheat the broiler.
- Place fillets on an oiled grill rack or broiler pan rack.
- Grill or broil fillets about 4 inches from the heat source for 2 or 3 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place fillets on serving plates and spoon a little of the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with green onions and peanuts and serve.