Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled Lemongrass Beef from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- 2 lbs sirloin tip, cut in ⅛" thick slices
- ½ cup peeled fresh lemongrass, chopped
- ⅓ cup shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese fish sauce (otherwise known as "nuoc mam" or "nam pla")
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 medium-sized garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and chopped
- low fat cooking spray
- In a food processor, combine lemongrass, shallots, fish sauce, sugar, oil, salt, garlic and chiles.
- Process for 1 minute or until smooth.
- In a small bowl, add beef and lemongrass mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 – 3 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove beef from bowl and discard extra marinade.
- Coat the grill with low fat cooking spray then grill the beef on each side for about 1 minute or until desired doneness.