Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled Jalapeño-Lime Chicken from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 30 minutes to marinate, 20 minutes to cook
- Serves: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- non-fat cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, lime peel, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in bag. Squeeze out excess air then seal tightly. Turn bag to coat chicken on all sides then chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Remove chicken and discard bag with marinade.
- Place chicken on grill for 12–15 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature in thickest part of chicken is at least 165°F then serve immediately.