Grilled Jalapeño-Lime Chicken from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 30 minutes to marinate, 20 minutes to cook
- Serves: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- non-fat cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, lime peel, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in bag. Squeeze out excess air then seal tightly. Turn bag to coat chicken on all sides then chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Remove chicken and discard bag with marinade.
- Place chicken on grill for 12–15 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature in thickest part of chicken is at least 165°F then serve immediately.