Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 1 sandwich.
- whole-seeded rye
- Thousand Island / Russian dressing
- 2 – 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 hot dogs
- sliced pickles
- To begin, slice your rye bread.
- Next, create your spread.
- Grill and slice three hotdogs over a char grill.
- Spread Russian dressing on your bread slices and add Swiss cheese.
- Follow the cheese with sauerkraut and then place on your freshly grilled hot dog slices (be sure and drain your sour kraut before you spreading onto the sandwich so that the bread stays dry)
- Add another slice of cheese to make sure the hot dogs stay glued to the sour kraut.
- Sliced pickles will add an extra flair to the typical Reuben.
- Wrap your sandwich in foil and place over the grill until the bread toasts and the cheese melts.
- Crown with another pickle once the sandwich is nicely toasted.