Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The halibut can marinate up to 2 hours ahead of time in the lively marinade spiked with citrus, cumin and cayenne.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.eatbetteramerica.com
- Prep Time: 35 minutes | Start to Finish: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
- 1½ lbs halibut, tuna or swordfish steaks, ¾ to 1 inch thick (if fish steaks are large, cut into 6 serving pieces).
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp canola or soybean oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (2¼ cups)
- ½ medium avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- In shallow glass or plastic dish, mix all marinade ingredients.
- Add fish; turn to coat with marinade.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place fish on grill rack.
- Cover grill; cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade and turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, in medium glass or plastic bowl, mix all salsa ingredients.
- Serve fish with salsa.
Nutritional information Edit
- 160 Calories | 50 Calories from Fat | 5g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 0g Trans Fat | 60mg Cholesterol | 250mg Sodium | 5g Total Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 2g Sugars | 22g Protein
- Percent Daily Value : Vitamin A 15% | Vitamin C 20% | Calcium 2% | Iron 4%
- Exchanges: ½ other carbs, 3 very lean meat, ½ fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: ½
- MyPyramid Servings 3 oz-equivalents meat and beans, ½ cup vegetables
- ↑ Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.