Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled Halibut with Jicama Salsa from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 6
- 2 cups peeled and chopped jícama
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium orange, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 6 (6 ounce) halibut filets
- Mix all jicama salsa ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place fish filets in a large, shallow glass baking dish.
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and herbs.
- Pour marinade over fish, cover, and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat barbecue or gas grill.
- Oil grilling rack, and adjust height to between 4 to 6 inches from heat.
- Remove fish from marinade, and place on grill.
- Cook 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes with a fork. Turn once to brown both sides.
- Serve fish with jicama salsa.