Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups (340 g) fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 4 ounces (120 g) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 5-ounce (150 g) halibut steaks, skinned
- 6 cups (255 g) mixed greens, washed and crisped
Asian Dressing Edit
- 1½ tablespoons (22.5 ml) canola oil
- ⅓ cup (30 g) cilantro leaves, washed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) grated or minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 m) low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) dark sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt (optional)
- ⅙ teaspoon (0.6 ml) crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Light the grill or preheat the broiler.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing; set aside to allow flavors to blend.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil; add corn kernels and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and place in a salad bowl.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover until just tender, about 2 minutes for pencil thin asparagus.
- Drain and add to salad bowl.
- Grill or broil the halibut for 5 to 6 minutes per side until done, turning once add the greens to the salad bowl.
- Whisk the dressing and pour over greens and vegetables.
- Toss and divide between 4 serving plates.
- Top each plate with a grilled halibut steak.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Nutritional information Edit
- 298 calories (29% calories from fat) | 34 g protein | 10 g total fat (1.4 g saturated fat) | 20 g carbohydrate | 4 g dietary fiber | 45 mg cholesterol | 160 mg sodium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat | 1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch) | 1 vegetable