Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups (340 g) fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 4 ounces (120 g) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 5-ounce (150 g) halibut steaks, skinned
- 6 cups (255 g) mixed greens, washed and crisped
Asian Dressing Edit
- 1½ tablespoons (22.5 ml) canola oil
- ⅓ cup (30 g) cilantro leaves, washed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) grated or minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 m) low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) dark sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt (optional)
- ⅙ teaspoon (0.6 ml) crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Light the grill or preheat the broiler.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing; set aside to allow flavors to blend.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil; add corn kernels and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and place in a salad bowl.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover until just tender, about 2 minutes for pencil thin asparagus.
- Drain and add to salad bowl.
- Grill or broil the halibut for 5 to 6 minutes per side until done, turning once add the greens to the salad bowl.
- Whisk the dressing and pour over greens and vegetables.
- Toss and divide between 4 serving plates.
- Top each plate with a grilled halibut steak.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Nutritional information Edit
- 298 calories (29% calories from fat) | 34 g protein | 10 g total fat (1.4 g saturated fat) | 20 g carbohydrate | 4 g dietary fiber | 45 mg cholesterol | 160 mg sodium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat | 1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch) | 1 vegetable