Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled Halibut and Slivered Vegetable Salad
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 4 Teaspoons Onion flakes
- 4 Teaspoons celery flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Halibut steaks, 1-inch thick (1-1/4 pounds each)
- 2 carrots, julienned or shredded
- 1 Red bell pepper, slivered
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced scallions
- lettuce leaves
- Few drops lemon juice
Makes 4 servings
- To make Halibut
- Whisk oil and seasonings. Cut Halibut steaks in half, through theBone, to yield 4 steaks.
- Brush Halibut with 2 to 3 tablespoons of sauce.
- Grill Halibut 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Brush again after 3 minutes, lift sides of steaks off the bone and onto the salad.
- To make salad
- Toss salad ingredients with remaining Halibut sauce. Any excess may be brushed on Halibut while cooking.
- To serve
- Line 4 plates with lettuce leaves, spoon on salad and top with grilled Halibut steaks, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Note: The Halibut can be grilled indoors. Heat a cast iron skillet, a stove top grill pan or heavy non-stick skillet for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and grill Halibut 3 to 4 minutes on each side.