Grilled Halibut and Slivered Vegetable Salad
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 4 Teaspoons Onion flakes
- 4 Teaspoons celery flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Halibut steaks, 1-inch thick (1-1/4 pounds each)
- 2 carrots, julienned or shredded
- 1 Red bell pepper, slivered
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced scallions
- lettuce leaves
- Few drops lemon juice
Makes 4 servings
- To make Halibut
- Whisk oil and seasonings. Cut Halibut steaks in half, through theBone, to yield 4 steaks.
- Brush Halibut with 2 to 3 tablespoons of sauce.
- Grill Halibut 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Brush again after 3 minutes, lift sides of steaks off the bone and onto the salad.
- To make salad
- Toss salad ingredients with remaining Halibut sauce. Any excess may be brushed on Halibut while cooking.
- To serve
- Line 4 plates with lettuce leaves, spoon on salad and top with grilled Halibut steaks, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Note: The Halibut can be grilled indoors. Heat a cast iron skillet, a stove top grill pan or heavy non-stick skillet for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and grill Halibut 3 to 4 minutes on each side.