Got a hot skewer? This juicy, fruit-based kebab is made with real fruit juice, mint, and cinnamon, and is great for vegetarians while grilled to a white-hot aroma and served with other desserts.
- Prepare the grill. In a small bowl, combine oil, sugar, lime juice, cinnamon and mint. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- If using wooden skewers, soak with water for about 10 minutes to prevent from scorching. Alternate fruit pieces and thread onto skewers.
- Brush kebabs with the sugar mixture then place on grill.
- Grill kebabs for about 6–8 minutes, turning frequently until fruit starts to brown and is heated through. Serve hot and plain or with other desserts.
- Grilled Fruit Kebabs from the Public Health Coobook -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource