Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes six servings
- 1 medium pineapple (about 2 lb) - peeled, cored and-cut into 1" chunks
- ¾ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cl garlic, minced
- ½ to 1 tsp jalapeño pepper
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 to 3 tbsp Nutrasweet® Spoonful™
- 6 oz 4 oz halibut, haddock-or salmon steaks or fillets-grilled
- Heat pineapple, juices, garlic and jalapeño pepper to boiling in a medium saucepan;
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro; heat to boiling.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water, stir into boiling mixture.
- Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat; cool 2–3 minutes.
- Stir in Nutrasweet® Spoonful™; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm over fish or pork.
Nutritional information Edit
Serving size ⅙ recipe (figured with a 3 ox fish fillet):
- calories: 185 saturated fat | trace protein: 124g | cholesterol: 136 mg | carbohydrates: 116g | fiber: 11g | total fat: 13g | sodium: 1159 mg
diabetic food exchange
- 2½ lean meat, 1 fruit