Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Charity Ferriera, Cooking Light, June 2007
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (1-lb) eggplant, cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices
- cooking spray
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomato
- ¼ cup (1 oz) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Prepare grill.
- Lightly coat both sides of eggplant slices with cooking spray.
- Place eggplant on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Cool; cut each eggplant slice into quarters.
- Combine eggplant, tomato, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1¼ cups serving:
- 86 Calories | 39% from fat | 3.7g Fat | 1.6g Sat | 1.3g Mono | 0.4g Poly | 3.5g Protein | 8.3mg Cholesterol | 67mg Calcium | 243mg Sodium | 12g Carbs | 5g Fiber | 67mg Calcium | 0.9g Iron