Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Charity Ferriera, Cooking Light, June 2007
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (1-lb) eggplant, cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices
- cooking spray
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomato
- ¼ cup (1 oz) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Prepare grill.
- Lightly coat both sides of eggplant slices with cooking spray.
- Place eggplant on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Cool; cut each eggplant slice into quarters.
- Combine eggplant, tomato, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1¼ cups serving:
- 86 Calories | 39% from fat | 3.7g Fat | 1.6g Sat | 1.3g Mono | 0.4g Poly | 3.5g Protein | 8.3mg Cholesterol | 67mg Calcium | 243mg Sodium | 12g Carbs | 5g Fiber | 67mg Calcium | 0.9g Iron